Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Being a Conscious Consumer of Furniture

I just read an interesting article over on used furniture over at the Apartment Therapy website. The article got me thinking about what an outstanding choice quality used furniture is from a Conscious Consuming perspective.

The store featured in her article had the following positive features:
  • It was a local and independent business
  • Offered high quality/durable furniture at a reasonable price
  • Focused on reusing and repurposing items
  • Provides an alternative to Ikea, Crate & Barrel, etc.
  • Will also refinish or reupholster your existing furniture
  • Free delivery so it doesn't require/justify car usage!

This all sounded like a few steps in the right direction. Although I don't have much furniture right now, if I'm in a situation where I confuse wanting more with needing more and choose to purchase some - I'm going to Eddie's!

No comments: