Thursday, January 15, 2009

National Service Day on Monday, Jan 19th

In case you haven't heard, President-elect Obama and co are organizing a National Service Day on MLK Day, Monday, January 19th.  I thought I’d pass this information to you, since we need to put our time and money where our mouths are to help Obama succeed.  There are activities all around the country; click here to find an event in your area. For those of you who weren’t originally supporters, a big part of his message is that we ALL need to pitch in to help turn things around.  And in case you need any inspiration, here’s a couple of my favorite Obama quotes: 
 
"I’m asking you to believe.   Not just in my ability to bring about change…I’m asking you to believe in yours."
 
"Focusing your life solely on making a buck shows a certain poverty of ambition. It asks too little of yourself. Because it's only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential."

No comments: